Asphalt/ Concrete Foreman – New York City
The Asphalt / Concrete Foreman will directly supervise and coordinate the activities of labors daily performance. The Asphalt/ Concrete Foreman will perform tasks involving physical labor at parking lots by operating one or several types of maintenance equipment, such as skid steers, vibratory drum rollers, as well as, catch basin repairs, bollard installation or any maintenance project assigned to the Team. This position requires routine repair and maintenance of equipment in addition to other duties. The Asphalt/ Concrete Foreman will communicate daily the project status with key stakeholders in the project. In addition, the Asphalt/ Concrete Foreman will ensure that all materials are installed per specifications for the project and all work is completed with Paving Associates standards.
- Measure slope and thickness of paving to verify compliance with contract
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and standards
- Coordinate work activities with Project Manager, Operations Manager, and Superintendent
- Record daily job information such as personnel, production time, material, equipment and operational data on specified forms and reports to be turned in daily
- Assign work to laborers, based on material and work requirements of specific jobs
- Order or requisition materials and supplies when needed
- Ensure proper jobsite signage is displayed at each project – must
- Take pictures of projects (i.e. before/after, Warranties, Accidents)
- Enforce personal company polices (i.e. Drug & Substance Abuse Policy, Sexual harassment and any other necessary disciplinary action)
- Create a positive work environment through coaching and motivating to achieve company goals.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have broad understanding of Paving Associates business and proven abilities in the areas of preparation and installation of asphalt and concrete repairs; and a thorough understanding of Paving Associates other services in the areas of Crack sealing, Sealcoating, Catch Basin Repair, and Parking Lot Marking work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have ability to apply concepts of basic geometry
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package.
This is to be considered an outline of the work involved in this position and should not be construed as a limitation of duties or responsibilities from the standpoint of the employee or of Paving Associates. All Paving Associates employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible, for the benefit of the company. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of the Paving Associates Company Team. Such ability will be to the benefit of the employee and will not go unnoticed by the company.
Paving Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Paving Associates LLC
781 Post Ave
Staten Island, NY 10310
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Let Us Know Why You Would Be A Great Fit For This Position!
Paving Associates 2015 Highlights
The Latest from our Blog: